Dell Inspiron 600m not working !

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by guitarjunkie, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie Registered Member

Ok here's the problem. I am on vacation and the only way for me to connect to the internet is to go to the local town library. So this morning I unplug my computer from it's AC adapter (and the battery is at 100%) close the screen and head to the library.

I get to the library and the computer has shut itself off as opposed to being in standby mode which it has down for the past two years (being in standby mode that is) that I have owned the laptop. I move the mouse around try hitting the spacebar/enter etc. and nothing happens, no lights are on, no nothing, just a black screen.

I assumed that it has somehow turned off by mistake and hit the power button...nothing happens. I tried this about four or five times, no lights flashing, no sounds from the hard drive working, no nothing. I do not have the AC adapter plugged in, but I don't this this should matter as I have unpluged the computer and transported it without AC and then resumed use of the computer at a different location with no AC power and it works fine (until the battery dies of course, if it's disconnected long enough for this to occur).

I'm going to try to turn it on again with AC power when I get back to my house, but I would still like to fix the problem that it is having so I can use my computer with an AC cable. Thanks for you help.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Welcome guitarjunkie,

Your not the only one it seem's. If you would please - http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~macbeth/600m.html

In addition take a careful look that the power button itself isn't getting hung up by the case, you know, so it's not being stranded in a cocked position. Check all peripheral port's are clean and object free. A few owner's share their thought's.

www<dot>wirelessforums.org/alt-comp-hardware/problem-powering-up-dell-inspiron-600m-2235.html

Of the commentary I came across, this user on the 'howtofixcomputers' board summed it up best ....
    What to tell you? Nothing. Nothing more than try to forget the internet and enjoy your vacation.

Steve

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.