Dell Computer Spyware?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by acr1965, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have noticed over the past few days that Dell Support Center on my computer is trying to connect to sites I frequent- myspace, sportsline, rivals.com (yahoo affiliated sports site). I cannot remember the exact address on these sites DSC was trying to connect to but I believe I read they were either pictures or ads. Has anyone else noticed this with Dell? Also, can DSC be configured to only check for updates or will just blocking from the firewall work? I am not extremely confident in my firewall as it is PC Tools 3 but I have Vista and my choices are very limited.

2. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

My wife has a Dell, but running with XP Pro. She didn't want Vista due to possible software problems with some programs she uses regularly.

I checked her firewall log and there's nothing related to Dell Support Center at all showing. I don't know about your other questions.

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

My firewall log calls it SupportSoft Agent Service. I took a second look and the connections it has attempted are-

Images.commissioner.com (from Sportsline.com)
    a484.ac-images.myspace.com
    a436.ac-images.myspace.com
    vmedia.rivals.com (yahoo affiliate)
    i.d.com.com
    spe.atdmt.com

I blocked them all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.