Dell 710 QX6700 Processor?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Steve1209, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve1209

Steve1209 Registered Member

Hi All,

Using Acronis TI 10 home build 4942 on a Dell 8400 Windows XP system. It works perfectly, I can back-up and have recovered several times successfully. Just about ready to make the leap to a Dell XPS710 with a QX6700 processor with Quad core technology.

Can ANYONE confirm Acronis TI now supports this processor?

I read & tried to create a BART CD from my current PC configuration but for a person who knows LITTLE about drivers, it like a task from HELL believe me. I might be lame but for me a BART CD is not the way to go, I need Acronis to support my system.

Thanks for any insight,
    Steve

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Did you use this to create your BartPE CD Begginer's Guide to Creating a BartPE CD. Quite frankly the lack of drivers in the Linux rescue environment is one of the shortcomings of TI. You can't add drivers yourself. The guide also has a link to a driver pack.

3. Steve1209

Steve1209 Registered Member

Hi Thomas,

I did TRY to create a BartPE CD from those instructions and I know many people say they are easy, I printed them off & tried to follow them but was unable to find my drivers, you say there is a driver pack included now, so maybe I need to go Back thru the Bart PE CD & see if it can work for me (On my current PC) before I jump to a new one, appreciate the feddback!!

Steve

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

The driver pack is linked here within the guide. You have to download it to your PEbuilder directory and then double click to install it.

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Actually, TI doesn't support CPUs. The key element is the chipset for the motherboard that the CPU is plugged into. Until someone tries to backup a system with the chipset you will be buying with the motherboard in the Dell, you won't know for sure.

That doesn't answer your question, but it may lead to the answer when more systems based on the chipset in the Dell are available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.