Deletion of Differential backups in secure zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Freegoo, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freegoo

Freegoo Registered Member

Ok, I've read through the manual and the way I understand it when TI needs to free up space in a secure zone it will delete the oldest full backup and all differential backups associated with it. Why not delete the oldest differential set first and leave the full backup and newer Differentials alone?

What I want to do is set up a bi-weekly full backup with daily differential ones. I only want the 2 latest days and one 1-2 weeks old. So in case of a backup I should always be able to step back a day or two OR 1-2 weeks ago if trouble is really bad. If I'm understanding the rules correctly though the full backup will keep recycling itself when the SZ fills up.

Anyway is there a way to do this without making a huge SZ, or should I post this in the wish list thread? Backup size is about 10 gigs and I have 30 gigs set aside for the SZ.

Thank you,
    Marc Peters

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Marc,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Concerning your situation:

The deletion of differential backups from the Secure Zone is not implemented yet. A backup image could be removed from the Secure Zone only if there is not enough space in it. In this case the oldest full backup image and all its incrementals and differentials would be deleted.

In your case we recommend you to schedule a full backup weekly and incrementals(not differentials since they occupy more space in most cases) daily. All incrementals would be applied to the last full backup image created. Thus you need to set the size of Secure Zone enough to store 2 full backup images and its weekly incrementals.

I think that 30Gb size for Secure Zone is enough to store two 10Gb full images and its incrementals.

We are always at your service should you have any further questions.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.