Deleting wanted Program

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by slipperyfox, Sep 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slipperyfox

slipperyfox Registered Member

I have installed the program Remote Administrator and NOD32 keeps deleting the exe and dll files. I have put the program folder and also the system32 files into AMON exclusions and they still delete the files and i am unable to use again. I have also setup the settings as per BLACKSPEARS guide. Can someone please help out as i get sick of reinstalling the program everytime i want to use it.

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Are you a network admin or a regular user (home pc) ?
    If you are a home pc user then you got hold of the wrong version ;)

3. NOD32 user

NOD32 user Registered Member

Is it Radmin by Famatech?

In any case if you wish to exclude something with AMON it is necessary to exclude both the LFN and 8.3 type filenames since AMON just observes by which name the file is accessed. HTH

Cheers :)

4. slipperyfox

Yes this is the program and is version 2.2. I did exclude the dll file and exe file in system32 and also the program folder as well. Sorry but what do you mean by the LFN and 8.3 filenames. Is there any other way of excluding this program from scanning and it also says from memory as well....

5. NOD32 user

There has been some previous discussions of the AMON exclusions here.
    Radmin is detected by the different modules when checking for 'potentially dangerous applications' is enabled so it will be necessary to not use this option in the on-demand scanner as it has no exclusion list of it's own. PDA checking is disabled by default in any case. HTH

Cheers ;)

6. slipperyfox

Forgive my ignorance but this is all new to me. I did google LFN and did suggest to turn off in Windows XP is this a good move? I did enter the folder like C:\PROGRA~1\RADMIN\ is this correct and i have to add to files as well which are in system32 what would the lfn be for them? Thanks for your help....

7. NOD32 user

I would not suggest turning off LFN at all.

There is a utility to make the copy and paste of both Long and short filenames and folder names easy from Ninotech.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.