Deleting recovery partition

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ameyap, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ameyap

ameyap Registered Member

Hi I want to delete the vista recovery partition that came with my viao. I have already created the rescue disks and have also backed up my entire hdd using the Paragon Drive Backup Pro 10 that I won on this forum during their mega giveaway (thanks for such a wonderful joining gift again guys). Now I have installed ubuntu along with my vista and thus it multiboots through grub 2 which shows 2 windows boot options, boot into windows vista or boot into windows recovery.
    My real question is if I delete this recovery partition and merge it with my vista c drive partition will updating my grub 2 via ubuntu delete the windows recovery boot option or will I have to manually remove that entry by some complicated steps.
    :)

2. ameyap

ameyap Registered Member

Update: just deleted the recovery partition and merged it. Updating the grub clears the recovery link and no complicated steps are involved. All you need handy is the ubuntu live disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.