Deleting older version

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Shipwreck, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Registered Member

Hi all,
    This is my first visit to this forum & allready I need help!. I closed down
    the earlier version of SpywareBlaster before trying to install the new one. When I tried to install 3.3 the folder I had downloaded It to seized up. I have since un-installed the earlier version, cleaned the registry & downloaded another copy from a different site, but the result is the same. My guess is that I should have shut down the protection as well as closing the programme before installing.

Is there something left on my computer which is fouling up the fresh installation & how may I find it?.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    Roy

2. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

You should disable protection before uninstalling. Possibly you could reinstall the old....then disable protection...then uninstall?

Attached Files:

3. Shipwreck

Hi Bigbuck,
    Unfortunately I did not shut down the protection, I just closed the programme. Is there anything that I can delete to allow me to re-install. I can't even re-install the older version as the computer/folder freezes.

Regards,
    Roy

4. Shipwreck

Panic over, I have managed to install it in Safe Mode after disabling all other Anti-Virus & Spyware software. Thanks anyway Bigbuck.
    Regards,
    Roy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.