Deleting old info from OS Selector

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by djdoc, Jul 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djdoc

djdoc Registered Member

I have cloned a couple of back-up hard disks of my current OS to save me the trouble of a total re-installation in case of a major crash or problem. If you still use W98 like I do you'll understand. I figured I would at least get some use out of the old hard disks that have been laying around for the past few years.

Anyway, after cloning it I completely remove the hard drives from my computer, and it is then displayed in the Acronis OS Selector as a non-functioning OS. Makes sense so far. I then delete it from the Acronis OS Selector, and it disapears. Still make sense. However, if you look in the OS Selector, under 'Properties/partitions', the partition information for that deleted OS is still listed? Sort of confusing.

I was trying to figure out how to delete it from 'Properties-partitions'. Looking in the Help menu (always the last-ditch effort), it says if you check-off the box labeled 'delete the operating system directories' it will delete the system folders of a windows operating system. I think this may be the way to get rid of all info about deleted OS systems in the Acronis OS Selector. But I am a little hesitant to use it. What does delete system folders
    mean?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello djdoc,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Multiboot Managing Software.

Please try to deactivate Acronis OS Selector and then reactivate it again using the appropriate option in "Tools" menu of Acronis OS Selector and let me know the result.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.