Deleting Backups

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by silverferro, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverferro

silverferro Registered Member

Hi can someone help me with these 2 questions please.

1. Let say I have made 3 Full backups. I want to now delete backup number 2 and keep backups 1 and 3. How do I do it? I'm using TrueImage 10. I'm also aware the increment and differtial backups need their initial full backup to work. But I can still delete the latest incremental or differential backup safely. So how do I delete a backup I don't want manully?

2. When I restore my full backup, there is an additional backup called "MBR" Do I need to restore this each time I restore a full backup? Or only when the MBR is corrupted?

Thanks.

2. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

1-) They’re just files – delete it like you would any file.
    2-) Restore it only if you need to (corrupt MBR)

3. silverferro

silverferro Registered Member

I belive you mistook me. Im using securezone for storing the backups. I'm asking how to delete backups within the securezone.

Acronis should aslo add a feature to lock certain backups from being deleted when it runs out of space. I want to keep the very 1st backup which is the fresh windows install, which will enable me to restore to this backup and rebuild my systme instead of installing everyhting from scratch if I ever need to.

4. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

By using the SZ and its automatic management features you forfeit the ability to do any management of the files yourself.

F.

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Hello silverferro,

If this first backup is absolutely essential you could restore it to a spare hard drive and keep it safe until you want to bring it into service.

I look a backups from a different perspective. I keep a series of ten or so full images in the secure zone. Any backup over a month old I regard a valueless because of the multitude of changes since then.

Xpilot

6. TheWeaz

TheWeaz Registered Member

“I belive you mistook me. Im using securezone for storing the backups. I'm asking how to delete backups within the securezone”

No, I did not misunderstand you. You never made any mention of the ASZ.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.