deleting all my mail on my host server

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by chpcrvr, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chpcrvr

chpcrvr Registered Member

I recently purchased a new computer with Vista32 and I loaded on NOD32 antivirus. I am using Windows Mail as my email client and have the settings to 'leave my mail on the server until deleted' checked. I want to leave my mail on the server so I can check it from my laptop when traveling.

When I now open Windows Mail and it loads new mail into my inbox, I see the word 'TempesetAntivirus (1)' pop-up under the junk e-mail folder in the left side of Windows Mail for each email message. It loads the mail into my inbox, but when I check mail on the server it is all deleted. My server email inbox is empty.

Also, periodically, I get a pop-up message that says that a 'junk email' has been detected and moved to my Junk E-mail folder but when I check the folder it is empty. I'm getting the same Tempesetantivirus message.

It appears that all incoming email is being deleted off the server. Do I have a setting wrong somewhere? Help!!
    Thanks,
    Jeff

2. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Just for troubleshooting purposes...

In Windows Mail

• Go to Tools | Accounts
    • Highlight your email and click "Properties"
    • Click the "Advanced" tab.
    At the bottom where you have a check box for "leave a copy on server", are either of the boxes below it checked? Either the "Remove after x days" or "Remove if deleted"?

Just a thought to help the thought process along

3. chpcrvr

The 'Remove if deleted' box is checked.

4. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Hmmm...that is odd.

I'm not all that familiar with Windows Mail, because I don't use it.

I personally don't think its NOD that is deleting them from the server. That wouldn't make any sense since NOD doesn't have direct access to your mail server.

Go under NOD32 Advanced Setup and go through the Email Options and see how you have it configured. Would you be so kind as to post on here how you have your options configured?

5. chpcrvr

I don't think NOD32 is deleting them directly either. However, something is setting the delete flag so that my server is getting a notice that the message is 'deleted' and therefore removes it from the server. I still see the message in my inbox but not the server. Can NOD be setting a delete flag somewhere and then Windows Mail sends an indication to the server that the message was deleted?

What settings would you like to see? I'm not using MS Office so I'm not sure which settings you want to see from the advanced settings tree.

6. Capp

Capp Registered Member

On the Advanced Setup Tree, You should see an "Email Protection" category. Expand that. You don't use Outlook but check to see how its configured anyway. Check under the POP settings too.

Check under the different option you have there and see if you can find an option that says "Action to perform" and see if "Delete" is listed. If you do see this, uncheck it and try that out to see how it works.

7. chpcrvr

'Delete' is not selected in my settings. It says to move to 'Infected folder'. I am wondering if I need to upgrade to 3.0.650.0 from my current version of 3.0.551.0. Will this make any difference? Do I do an uninstall first and then install the new version, or just do an install once I download the latest version?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.