Deleted *.TIB file recovery application

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by aresler, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aresler

aresler Registered Member

A thread from the past with new actuallty for me:

Riley333
    Infrequent Poster Join Date: Jan 2007

Deleted File Recovery Application?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone recommend a deleted file recovery application for XP Pro, I want to try and recover .tib files so that I can have a full restore.

Thanks for any help. Riley

Riley333
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Riley333
    Find all posts by Riley333
    Find all threads started by Riley333
    Add Riley333 to Your Buddy List

#2 January 25th, 2007, 09:25 PM
    foghorne
    Very Frequent Poster Join Date: Sep 2005

Re: Deleted File Recovery Application?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Riley333
    Can anyone recommend a deleted file recovery application for XP Pro, I want to try and recover .tib files so that I can have a full restore.

Thanks for any help. Riley

R-Studio has worked well for me in the past. The trial will scan your disks as normal (recovery is partially disabled) so you will be able to see if it is any use without coughing up any money.

http://www.data-recovery-software.net/

F.

foghorne
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to foghorne
    Find all posts by foghorne
    Find all threads started by foghorne
    Add foghorne to Your Buddy List

#3 January 25th, 2007, 09:55 PM
    Arranger
    Infrequent Poster Join Date: Oct 2005

This freebie has worked well for me on numerous occasions, primarily to get back .jpg files from camera cards and the like.

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/restoration.html

Arranger
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Arranger
    Find all posts by Arranger
    Find all threads started by Arranger
    Add Arranger to Your Buddy List

#4 January 25th, 2007, 10:00 PM
    benny bronx
    Frequent Poster Join Date: Nov 2006

Agreed, Restoration has been good to me, not only for file recovery, but free space deletion. I like the fact that it is a small program that does not run any background processes and does not call home.

I am going to try R-Studio utilities. It will be a great help for me to hear from any one else who succeed to recover an archive TIB file…….

2. Ray Clare

Ray Clare Registered Member

Unless there had been no disk use from time of deletion to recovery, I would strongly discourage trying to recover TIB files. A few missing bytes in a jpg may mar the photo a bit, but a few missing bit in your operating system can be disaster!

Even installing and running the recovery software may well be the action that overwrites a part of your tib file.

If you have nothing else, it may be worth the try, but expect to reload the system from scratch.

3. aresler

aresler Registered Member

Thanks,
    I thing you are right. I am going to install the system again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.