Deleted Partition- left with unallocated space

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Pericles, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pericles

Pericles Registered Member

Because I just got an external HDD, I transfered all the data from my D:\ partition to my external. Having no more reason to keep the D:\ partition, I deleted it in the hopes that the space allocated to it would be transfered to my only remaining partition, my primary OS partition C:\. Unfortunately, I'm now left with "unallocated space" from the deleted partition and I can seem to move that space to my primary C:\ OS partition. What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

2. LetzRoll

LetzRoll Registered Member

Fire up Disk Director or Partition Manager, or whatever, and resize your C partition to include the unallocated space. But it ain't a good idea to make any one partition too big and almost never is it smart to have a partition across an entire physical disk. Makes defragging and chkdsk too complicated and lengthy, plus your segment size options diminish leading to wasted real estate. A better choice is to make the unallocated space your swap file, or use it as a back-up dump location.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.