Deleted bootable partition "C"

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Perman, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

While creating backup capsule with Paragon Hard Drive Manager 8.5, I accidentally deleted partition"C". This is what happened:

After partition backup capsule created, I backuped partition "C" to there. For some reason, there was an internal error occurred, only partial of "C" was copied. I aborted the operation and decided to deleted that partition, but wrong one was selected, after rebooted, everything was gone.

I used manufacturer's recovery CD to no avail, also tried other recovery CDs I made with other programs, all failed.

Please help.

2. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks:

I managed to get that manufacturer's recovery CD working. Now it is on recovery. this issue solved and a hard lesson learned.

Thanks for the help that would have poured in at later time.

Take care.

3. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

I may have misunderstood the prob but if the partition was deleted wouldn't it need to be formatted with ntfs again in order for it to be recognised and restored?

Edit:
    oopsies, glad you got it working.:)

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Not necessarily. YOu can if you are lucky, restore the partition table and bingo, you are back in business. I've done it with Acronis Disk Director.

Pete

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

A wise user will keep this ISO burned to CD handy. I lost 2 partitions from a 200GB after crossing some mobo pins and almost lost them forever. Even my usually dependable PARAGON couldn't even see them, nor the big leager ERD Commander. I thought i was sunk at that point. I throwed every emergency CD i had in there to find them with no luck. I knew "i" didn't delete them, but as a final resort with nothing to lose i put Parted Magic CD in and fired up the TESTDISK app it contains. Lo and behold, finally, not only did it find them again, it re-wrote them back to disk again and i was back in biz. Initially intended (i think) as a partitioning aid, this CD can save the day in some circumstances like it done for me. I'm very grateful to the developer for it and i let him know about it personally.

http://partedmagic.com/downloads.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.