delete spyware?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by campylin, Nov 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. campylin

campylin Registered Member

Hi- Just found out about this and spyblaster yesterday from help center at hp. Should I delete somehow the list of spyware listed in spyblaster, and if so, how do I access it other than where it listed it to do so? Is it made inactive as long as it is checked and in the list? Sorry I am so ignorant on these topics. I truly appreciate any help you may give me! :)

2. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Hi Campylin,

Welcome to Wilders!

The items listed in Spyware Blaster are those that it can currently defend against, not those actually found on your system. So the object is to checkmark all items to enable protection against all of them.

If you want to get a Spyware removal program than I would recommend both of the following

Spybot from http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?lang=en&page=download

Ad-Aware from http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

both of which are freeware.

Hope this helps,

Dan

3. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Hello campylin and welcome to Wilders Security Forums

SpywareBlaster has that list to guard against those spy/malware items someone may have accidentally downloaded or caught. Those are not the actual bad files but only their names so SpywareBlaster can take care of them for you. It is also recommended to download and use SpywareGuard as well.

Two more very useful programs are Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware

You can download them free and run them both after first obtaining the updates and then see how they do. They are scanners to see if someone has any spyware.

Of course a computer with proper defenses has a good firewall and an anti-virus program as well.

We can recommend if you please.

Best wishes

4. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    2 minutes and 32 seconds!

5. campylin

campylin Registered Member

:D Thank you so very much Dan and Q-Section for your help. Yes, I just downloaded Adaware and Spybot yesterday also as informed by the hp center help. I never knew these sites existed, so still don't know their full potential, as was running errands and doing other things between the downloads. I greatly appreciate you rapid replies!!! Your'e the best!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.