Delete settings from registry

Discussion in 'MRU Blaster Forum' started by fifupoche, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fifupoche

fifupoche Registered Member

Hello, I downloaded this program because I'm concerned with security for my computer, but I realize that I don't really understand the importance of deleting MRUs... So here are a few questions...

1. Are MRUs as "dangerous" as spyware?

2. I didn't find any detailed information on this program, with screen shots explaining what everything means. Can anyone tell me what happens when you press "Delete settings from registry"? Does it mean that MRU Blaster will ignore the previous cleaning?

3. If I delete the program, will everything be back as it was before or do I have to go and change some settings somewhere in my computer (if I want to see my recently used programs in the start menu, for example)?

Thanks in advance,
    Fifupoche

2. Togg

Togg Registered Member

I'm not an expert on this, but I think you may have misunderstood the purpose of this program.

Most Recently Used files (or lists) are nothing to do with spyware and using MRU Blaster does not enhance 'security' or protect you from malware. It removes information about the use that has been made of the computer ie: it protects your privacy if other people have access to the computer and you don't want them to see what you've been doing. It also clears some space on your hard drive of mostly useless clutter.

If you look at the Settings option you will see the various options that can be scanned. I have all the boxes ticked except those that refer to specific XP only items (I'm using Win 9:cool:. If you use the 'delete registry settings' option, all that appears to happen with my copy is that my selection is cancelled and all the options are selected.

I have no idea what happens if you uninstall but, I believe Javacool's software to be very well written, so I don't see why you would have any problems.

3. fifupoche

fifupoche Registered Member

Thank you Togg, it's clearer now what the program is for. I think I'll just remove it and concentrate on other things...

Thanks again.

4. snowboard

snowboard Registered Member

Why would you want to remove MRU-Blaster? Its a very light program and take a minute or so to scan the system for mru lists. And it gives you more privacy by deleting mru's which could show other people the things you have done on your computer. And best of all it is FREE.

Regards,

snowboard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.