delete secure zone backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by marc.knuckle, Mar 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marc.knuckle

marc.knuckle Registered Member

i wanted to know how to delete a secure zone backup on ti10 build 4940 as it may have something to do with a problem i am having.
    incase it is needed...the problem is with a filesharing program i use that since the recent backup it keeps reverting back to the point where i hadn't input my personal details. this may be coincidence and nothing to do with the backup but i wanted to eliminate this as a possible cause.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You should be able to do that using the Manage Acronis Seecure Zone wizard from the main ATI screen.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello marc.knuckle,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that the backup archives saved to Acronis Secure Zone can not be deleted manually. Acronis True Image Home uses the scheme described in chapter 3.3 "Acronis Secure Zone" of the Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide to clean up Acronis Secure Zone.

You can delete the Acronis Secure Zone using the instructions described in chapter 9.4 "Deleting Acronis Secure Zone". It will automatically disable Acronis Startup Recovery Manager if it is activated and delete all backups stored in the zone.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

You might want to remove your secure zone and instead used Mange Backup Locations. These will be visible directories instead of hidden partitons but you can password protect your backups. You backups in Backup Locations can be managed automaticlaly as inthe secure zone but also can be manually copied, deted, jsut like any other file. You jsut can't open them without ATI and the password.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.