delete images from secure zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by off, Jul 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. off

off Guest

How do I delete or move chosen images from the secure zone? Can't seem to find on the gui.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello off,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

The images saved to Acronis Secure Zone are deleted automatically if required. You cannot delete and move it manually.

There are Acronis Secure Zone rules for managing backups:

If there is not enough free space in Acronis Secure Zone to create a backup (either full or incremental), then Acronis True Image deletes the oldest full backup with all subsequent incremental backups.

If there is only one full backup (with subsequent incremental backups) left and full backup is in progress, then this only full backup (with subsequent incremental backup images) is deleted.

Otherwise (only one full backup left, and incremental backup is in progress) you will get out of space error. In this case you will have to either create full backup or increase the Acronis Secure Zone size.

You can always check how much free space left in Acronis Secure Zone on the second page of the Manage Acronis Secure Zone wizard.

Hopefully informed you well. If you have further questions concerning our software, please feel free to ask us.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. off

off Guest

thanks.
    Not too much freedom for the users, eh? Since the most of the users of TrueImage will be computer professionals, they may be able to make decisions like which image to delete.
    For example, lets imagine that I made an incremental backup into the secure zone, but later it turns out that I had a virus infestation which was already present at that time. I would remove that incremental image, but leave older full and incremental images. Quite the opposite of what TrueImage automatically does. If I restore an older image, remove, and recreate the secure zone I loose every old image. I can't even put a comment to the infested image to "stay away from this, because it is infested!".
    Implementing the user selectable image deletion/joining/moving/copying from the secure zone seems quite much possible, and users would benefit from it.
    -off

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello off,

Thank you for your input in the improvement of Acronis software. It is really appreciated. We have a special wish-list thread https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=44197 and you are welcome to post here everything you wish to have in our software. We will certainly consider all your wishes.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.