Delete image from secure zone????

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by noonie, Jun 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. noonie

noonie Registered Member

How can I delete an existing image from ati7 secure zone without going through the delete partition etc method??
    I would rather do complete images rather than incremental to keep the size of the secure zone as small as possible. All options I've tried so far just add images that are unnecessarally large.
    Thanks in advance

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in Acronis
    True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/)!

Actually, you cannot delete images from Acronis Secure Zone. They will be auto-deleted anyway if the size of the zone will not be enough for the new image, starting from the oldest one. You can just resize the zone so that it would be rather close to the image size - and each time you would have 1 image there.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

3. Cha?

Cha? Guest

Or you can - by some means - unhide the secure zone (modified?) FAT partition and then access it as if it was a normal drive unit.
    Another work around : use a linux bootable CD (Knoppix LiveCD for example) that can see every (even hidden) partitions. Mount the Secure Zone and ALLOW WRITING on that partition so that you can delete the .tib file (should be the largest file). Works fine!

I hope it helps!

4. Stee

Stee Guest

Can you give more directions on using knoppix.
    I downloaded and burned the CD.
    Booted the CD.
    I can see many of my partitions, but not the Acronis Secure Zone Partition.
    I also tried Paragon Mount Everything and it shows it as an 'other' partition and won't mount.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.