delete automatic

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by george1975, Mar 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. george1975

george1975 Guest

hi can tds-3 one option or script for delete automatic the scan file?

sorry if u dont understand but my english is very poor.

thx

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi George, and welcome!
    TDS scan alerts are only written to the scandump.txt file when you rightclick on one of the alerts and choose that option. If not, no log. It overwrites each time the former log, so it won't become many MB large!
    For the TDS Console activity in TDS > Configuration > Options tab , middle bottom "log console activity" check or uncheck that one. I prefer to keep a log of that. If you think you will need them more then a month you might like occasionally clean out the older contents of the months folders but keep the folders themselves.

Of course somebody might like to write a SS3 script to find those files and give an option to delete the files if older then a given time period. Nice exercise.

3. george1975

george1975 Guest

somebody knows where I can find scripts for it. I do not have nor

idea to program, somebody could help me.

thanks

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

If you have a registered version of TDS you can download, unzip into the TDS directory look at and load example scripts.
    In the TDS private (registered users only) forum people might be able to help you with that. If you did register TDS and have no access to that forum yet, please register for the forum there too (see url in my signature) and write support@diamondcs.com.au for entrace in the licensed operators only area.
    I would however recommend to always look at your files TDS alarms on, for there could be occasional false alarms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.