Delayed Write Failure

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by asker24, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asker24

asker24 Registered Member

My apologies if this is a duplicate:

Since the latest XP Pro update I have been getting "Delayed Write Failure" messages and data loss. One of the triggering events is my nightly automated True Image run. Does anyone have a fix for this?

There is nothing else new on the system to explain this. It has been running trouble-free for months.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Do a Google search for "Delayed Write Failure" and you will provide yourself with no end of reading and things to try. This has been an ongoing problem and is not specifically related to TI.

Can you restore your OS to a time previous to the latest update when the problem seemed to start? This might help you pin your specific problem down.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello asker24,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

If the problem persists with the latest build, please make a screen shot of the error message.

Could you please also reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon?

Could you please do the following?

- Download schedmgr.exe application;

- Open the command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);

- Run the following command in the folder the schedmgr.exe file was saved to:

schedmgr get report > schedreport.txt

- Collect schedreport.txt;

- Run Acronis Schedule Manager program (schedmgr.exe) once more;

- Issue the following command:

set logflags support

- Schedule backup creation once again;

- Wait until the scheduled backup will fail;

- Collect the log file schedul2.log that is placed in the \Program Files\Common
    Files\Acronis\Schedule2 folder;

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Are you seeing the message I reported in https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=122854?

5. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Does the problem occur AFTER you "unmount" a mounted volume from a backup image?

If so, it's the same issue I reported back in March.

6. asker24

Yes, I did the Google search and followed several suggestions to no avail.

I may just try restoring the OS. I am a little nervous about doing that as I do not want to lose other data.

7. asker24

8. asker24

Tatyana:

This is enormously frustrating. The Customer Support window will not accept my registration key, that I used successfully to register the product last night. I have downloaded the latest build and ran a backup twice. Both times the computer froze in the middle of the backup. I have a zip file with a screenshot of the Windows message plus schedul2.log, but nowhere to send it. What do I do now?

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello asker24,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

If you are not able to submit a request via online form, please contact Acronis Support Team at support@acronis.com.

We will do our best in order to resolve the problem under consideration as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.