Defragging apps & RAID questions

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by axial, Mar 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. axial

axial Registered Member

I'm researching backup solutions for a friend who uses DiskKeeper Pro, on a WinXP system. The first app we'll evaluate will be ShadowProtect.

Will ShadowProtect coexist with DiskKeeper? Are there any complications with leaving DiskKeeper running that we should be aware of in advance?

His system has a separate Promise RAID card and two drives in Raid 1. Are there any considerations concerning RAID and ShadowProtect?

And lastly, thank you to all the forum members who contribute their time and expertise to making these forums a tremendous resource, the wealth of knowledge here is amazing.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Relative to Raid Shadowprotect should be fine. I use it with a raid 0 system.

As to Diskkeeper running. If you image from the CD it doesn't matter. If you are imaging from Windows, I'd shut it down. It's just asking for trouble in my opinion. And if he is going to use the continous incremental feature of SP, then he absolutely needs to shut it down.

Pete

3. axial

axial Registered Member

Thanks, Pete, I/we appreciate your response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.