Defensewall?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Rilla927, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

I have corrupted (forgot to right click and run as trusted) my backup of bookmarks (I use BackRex) in IE which leads me to the next question.

Friday I will reinstall windows and I need all my drivers and programs on my flash drive. Do I have to right click the drive and run as trusted in order to put my files (them be usable) on the drive with out corruption?

I wanted to ask first rather than ending up in a position when I reinstall windows and possibly have no usable files.

2. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

First of all, could you elaborate on how did you manage to corrupt your backup? And why your backup software is into the untrusted applications list?

Then, what the program(s) you are going to "run as trusted" and why, I can't understand.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  3. Rilla927

Hello Ilya,

I'm trying to get used to DW. I alway's forget to right click and run trusted on my programs I have installed. I use Back Rex to backup my bookmarks or favorites. After this was done and I clicked on "Favorites" in IE and I got "Location is not available" and bla bla is not accesible, The File or Directory is corrupt and unreadable.

I noticed all my downloads listed in black in DW and I removed them from the list. How can I avoid this?

4. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

1. You need to install into untrusted zone only software you do not trust. So, I would recommend you to remove all the software you trust from it.

2. Check if you have the "Favorites" folder available. If you don't, create it manually and revert everything back from your backups.

You don't need to avoid this, you just need to make sure the folder you download files is within "Download Areas" folders. If it's not there, add it and install the software you trust as trusted with specialized DW dialog window to control installation zone dynamically.

5. Rilla927

Okay, thanks Ilya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.