Defensewall Untrusted Applications

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Boost, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boost

Boost Registered Member

Is it necessary to remove these folders that are appearing in the untrusted applications area?

10-23-2009 4-52-42 PM.png

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

why not:D if you want too:)

3. Boost

Boost Registered Member

I cant imagine why either,as the list continues to get longer if you dont remove these entries,ya know? :D
    But wondered what other people have done.

4. Creer

Creer Registered Member

OK, here is my method.
    Do not delete random files from Untrusted application list tab in DW... never!
    Only if you are sure that the file is 100% trusted you can do this, otherwise do not.

Imagine that you have many entries on Untrusted application list which looks very similarly - if you want to make this list shorter - first what you should do is check path of these files/folders.
    For example you have:
    - many folders from path: C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Skype\username\

So just add username folder to Untrusted application list, and rest folders available in Untrusted application list which path is C:\Users\youname\AppData\Skype\username\... - just delete.

- you have many folders in path: C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Flash Player\
    Do the same with it and optimize "n" folders from the same localization to one which will include all "n" folders as one entry on DW Untrusted Application list.

5. Threedog

Threedog Registered Member

I agree with Creer. If they were added to the untrusted list it is best to leave them untrusted. If you delete them from the untrusted list then they become trusted and that might not be a good thing.

6. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

Those look like adobe flash folders in Macromedia folder. I don't see why you can't delete them.

7. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

A lot are temporary files you pick up from the Internet. To get rid of them (make sure you are not deleting something you intentionally downloaded). Go to "stop attack" then "file and registry tracks" Highlight the ones you want to delete. Delete them, click "apply" at bottom right of page, then "OK" and they are gone.

8. Boost

Boost Registered Member

:thumb:

Thanks guys!

9. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

Since you're using Firefox install an extension called BetterPrivacy. It will delete those flash folders automatically for you each time Firefox opens. I use it. Works fine. Don't just delete them from DefenseWall. They're untrusted for a reason. I even use BetterPrivacy in Ubuntu.

10. Boost

Boost Registered Member

:thumb: Giving it a try now.

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

also you can check where it says automaticly remove items from rollback list;)

12. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

Looks like, that folders are made by Flash. Usually, there are cookie files insiode, but you need to check out if it's really true and if they contains any executable files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.