Defensewall: Rollback Question

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Boost, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boost

Boost Registered Member

When you click on the File and Registry Rollback Tab,you see different entries. My question is,how do you know which entry to rollback to when you get malware,etc?

Thanks.

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

executables files with random names or very strange names,also you can google search before deleting with a right click withing the rollback feature;)

3. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

I was interested in rollback awhile ago. Now, I rarely use it. Most users won't need to rollback anything.

As a general guide, if you have to click the 'stop attack' button (program trying to run/install from your browser etc), then check the most recent entries in rollback.

4. Creer

Creer Registered Member

In Rollback list there is a hint (Created by process) if you know which process have you ran and you get infection it could be helpful, also you can sort this list by date, it's also very good idea.

But please note that by default you don't have to even touch Rollback feature in DW, because DW will protect you anyways (protection out of the box). This option is very useful only if you know what you do.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

what i love about defensewall is the rollback feature actually i use it alot;)
    also enable "resource protection" popups it is always good idea:)very strong

6. Boost

Boost Registered Member

After much thought,and all your guys input,I dont think I'll worry about the rollback feature ;)

It just works :thumb:

Have a good Easter!

7. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

have a nice easter and dont throw the eggs boil them for supper:D :thumb:
    and yes the rollback feature can also be activated auto-delete dont worry is safe

8. Saraceno

Boost, if you do want to use it, you can use it if you install a program as 'untrusted'.

For example, I was trying out some backup software, but came across something else I wanted to try. Installed it as untrusted, played around with it, was complete junk, went to:

>>rollback, sorted entries by time, deleted all entries created by that process (in the last 10 minutes for example, other entries were by Opera and firefox). Not a trace of the program to be found.

If that were malware, it'd be that easy to remove.

9. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

my friend even rootkits;)

10. Saraceno

You've tested them, and your system is still standing, and you're still here posting. lol

So I agree, rollback does work very well.

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

from sdra64.exe,braviax.exe to tdl3/tds etc etc;) and very easy to use and no updates at all plus i call it "saving bacon program":thumb: :thumb: the other day was wife was attack with the security tool fake antimalware and she just click stop bottom and peace of mind again with out any scaning:) and the rollback feature handy for you to remove all the debris leftovers:thumb:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.