Defensewall HIPS Rollback function

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by overangry, Sep 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. overangry

overangry Registered Member

I have just been trialling Defencewall, I couldn't find exactly the answer I was looking for in the help files, actually they caused me a little confusion.

Am I correct in assuming all file, registry changes eg. listed in file and registry tracks are changes made by isolated applications? Would using the rolling back feature or deleting these entries do any harm to the real systemo_O
    If I wanted to couldn't I just delete these entries after surfing the net, regardless of the entry.
    Well in a nut shell, does DW behave similar to Sandboxie? ie. when I empty my sandbox all contents are deleted, no harm to the real system.

The warnings freaked me out a little:D

Attached Files:

• DW.jpg
      DW.jpg
      File size:
      28.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

I highlight all and select delete - but I scan to make sure there aren't any downloads I want to keep, for example a document, a PDF etc, otherwise all will be removed.

If you've used a specific 'untrusted' program and it has updated, for example, you can 'allow' the updates in the file and registry tracks list, and remove everything else in the list.

If you have some settings that are always created, for example, in a portable browser, if I deleted everything in the list, I'd have to setup the configurations again. In this case, I would select 'rollback to' and I'd select the entry just after the browser configurations were completed.

If you're confident you don't have any downloads, and all your untrusted applications don't have any data you'd like to keep, then it's perfectly fine to delete all (note - I stress just make sure you scan the list for any important documents etc downloaded which you need to 'allow').

3. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

4. overangry

overangry Registered Member

thanks Saraceno, for pointing out those posts.
    This is exactly what I wanted to know.
    Very helpful, again thanks:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.