Defensewall and Norton IS 2010

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Hugger, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Do any of you know if these two will work peacefully together on a Windows 7 platform?
    If yes, are there any settings changes I would need to make?
    Thanks.
    Hugger

2. Michael York

Michael York Registered Member

Hi Hugger,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

Norton Internet Security 2010 contains a real-time scanning and protection engine as well as a full-featured firewall. It appears as though Defensewall also contains a real-time component and therefore it can definitely cause conflicts with Norton Internet Security. You should never have more than one firewall and one real-time antivirus/ internet security application installed or you can run into conflicts which can leave your system vulnerable to infection.

Thanks,
    Mike

3. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

Mike,
    Thanks for your help.
    Hugger

4. aieie

aieie Registered Member

I'd suggest you to try for yourself.

I'd never stick to one security application only.

It misses a thing (everyone does) and you're lost.

Best Regards

5. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

This is absolutely wrong statement. If an application is built right way, it will never cause any compatibility issues can't be fixed up (one exception- anti-virus components, but DW doesn't have it).

6. Michael York

Michael York Registered Member

Hi Hugger,

I am glad I could provide you with the correct information regarding the use of Norton Internet Security 2010 along with other real-time security products.

The following document from Symantec provides some more detail about how running more than one security product can adversely affect computer performance.

Why you should not run more than one security product on your computer

Thank you,
    Mike

7. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

Your information is incorrect. You just mislead people. Hugger was asking you about two HIPS components compatibility, you answer is about two anti-virus components performance and stability issues. DefenseWall is not an anti-virus!

8. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

If I wanted to go with only one product I wouldn't be looking for something that compliments DW.
    Though I used only one product years ago, and paid dearly for it, I currently would prefer electrocution to having to rely on only one form of protection.
    Thanks for your help. I'll be staying with DW and some of the other tools I use to protect myself from the evil deeds of Mrs. Click.
    Hugger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.