Defense Wall Firewall Issue

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by NormanN, Mar 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NormanN

NormanN Registered Member

I just bought and installed DW. I like it so far, but have two problems I need help with. Both involve the firewall portion (I think), as deactivating it fixes the problem.

The first one is with my Windows Home Server shares. I click on a shortcut on my desktop that points to: \\SERVER, to list all the folders. After installing DW, I got a Windows error that \\SERVER was offline and the path couldn't be found. Opening up Network Neighborhood listed all my other computers and shares but not WHS. After disabling the FW portion, it worked again. I then went into the options and unchecked both options relating to "Network Shares", and it worked again. Is this the only way to get it to work? I don't want to lower protection, but I consider everything on my LAN, trusted.

The second problem is with TOR Browser Bundle. Everything connects as it should, until I try to surf. I added tbb-firefox.exe to "Untrusted", as it was a browser and it didn't get picked up by DW on install. The logs show "Attempt made to TCP port 8118 by popolio.exe, so that is the problem I think. I tried adding popolio to anything trusted, and adding port 8118 anywhere i could (that part is a little confusing), but it still wouldn't work.

Any help appreciated...tried the Gladiator forum, but couldn't find mention of DW anywhere on there.

NN

2. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

3. NormanN

Thanks, I get this:

P

4. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

1. "Advanced"->"Firewall"->"Inbound"->"Allow"->"Allow...", select "Allow Network File Sharing", then apply.

2. The algo is following:
    a) "FirefoxPortable"->"FireFoxPortable.exe": right-click on the application file->"DefenseWall"->"Add to untrusted and allow Internet".

b) "App"->polipo.exe and tor.exe: select both, right-click on the files selected->"DefenseWall"->"Add to untrusted and allow Internet".

5. NormanN

Thank you.

NN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.