Defender Pro AntiVirus 2007 Questions

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Creekside Rogue, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Creekside Rogue

Creekside Rogue Registered Member

Hi fellow forum users,

I just installed Defender Pro 2007 Antivirus. I discovered to my chagrin that this is actually Kaskersky 5.0.390 version and not the more recent 6.0 version. In your opinions, what are the differences and risks in continuing to use 5.0.390 versus the current Kaspersky version. The program still receives updates in the normal frequent fashion. I'm just wondering whether or not I'm still receiving good detection and cleanup functions with this older version of the Kaspersky antivirus engine. Also, would I be better off using AVS which uses the 6.0 version of Kaspersky minus some of the heuristic capabilities?

Creekside Rogue

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I'm not a user, but it probably uses old Heuristics and a slight bigger footprint. Anyway, unless Defender Pro AntiVirus 2007 is free, i'd use Kaspersky. Nothing like the real deal.

3. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

I would personally use AOL minus the toolbar, if these are the options, only because 6.0 has better cleaning......of course AOL avs doesn't have exclusion.:)

4. Creekside Rogue

Creekside Rogue Registered Member

You're probably right Someone. However, I used to have a registered copy of Kaspersky 5.0. The functioning and interface and functioning of Defender Pro 2007 is completely identical except for the words "Defender Pro" placed instead of Kaspersky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.