Defend against keyloggers, hooks, rootkits etc.

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Wai_Wai, Sep 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I will do my online-banking right after reboot, when my frozen snapshot is still clean and all possible keyloggers are removed in my system partition.
    I don't use my online-banking very often. I just do a little bookkeeping in a spreadsheet to calculate my fixed and variable expenses and to stop my wife in time of buying things.
    So I don't really need KeyScrambler.
    Nevertheless, I've put it on my software-list and thanks for that. I might need it in the future. :)

2. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

First thanks for your reply Bellgamin. That is about what I thought I just wanted to make sure.

Well, BOClean has kept me free of infections. They update their signatures against "blacklisted" crap two and sometimes three times a day. I can count on one hand the number of times over the years they have not updated once a day. I have never ever had a legitamate program get hosed (false positive) due to BOClean seeing it as a "bad guy". It just sits there blinking silently protecting using very little resources protecting me with it's "blacklist". :rolleyes:

Signature based products give you the most reliable with zero day false positives (almost zero anyway). After all if it gets caught by BOClean and your AV missed it what does that say about your AV Devils Advocate. ;)

Some folks want their security so tight that it would take a software technogiant to figure out what to do. Remember BOClean was written for little intervention by an IT person (my understanding). Another words the user needs to make no decision on what to do based on configuration of course of BOClean.

I guess the bottom line is the product must fit the needs of the user. ;)

3. Wai_Wai

Wai_Wai Registered Member

Key Scrambler is said to encrypt your keystrokes at the kernel driver level to protect your login information from keyloggers.
    It is an addon to Firefox:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3383/

Does anyone try it?
    How effective is it?

4. Wai_Wai

Wai_Wai Registered Member

Any comment?

5. yankinNcrankin

yankinNcrankin Registered Member

Never tried it but I will comment, careful of the add-ons, they usually the cause of security leaks in the browser.....a bit ironic considering the intention of this add-on would be for security purposes....but as I said "I did not try it", if any one has, I would also like to know the end result(s):thumb: :thumbd:

6. poirot

poirot Registered Member

Dear friend ErikAlbert, being my nickname a real Authority in Belgium,please believe you me that if you try BoClean for a while you wont repent of it!

In any case ,i dont think you'll waste anything away in monetary terms if you require/demand a refund if you use any type of card, or very little if with other methods, it is worth anyhow.

IMHO it is the first software i'd care to install after the firewall and antivirus.

As i stated various times,it kept me always clean,not only of big guns,but also of very little malware, so that really i could dispose of such things as
    SpyBot and AdAware,etc.

regards, poirot

7. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Most of this thread seems to deal with prevention. Can anyone recommend a good software to detect an already inplanted 'Keylogger'.

Thanks

8. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Last edited: Dec 12, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.