Defencewall v2.56 go banking/shopping and firefox.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Basic, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basic

Basic Registered Member

I took advantage of the giveaway of Defencewall v2.56 a while back. On the whole I am very happy with this software and am considering installing it on my mom's laptop.

When I click on the go banking/shopping option it will close out Firefox and launch a new process of Firefox. I understand why it is doing this but what I don't understand and can't find an answer for is why the new process of Firefox is launched with default/clean profile. This means that Adblock Plus, WOT, NoScript, and so on and so forth is not working for me.

Is this this a default behavior of Defencewall? If so why?

Thanks.

2. Jav

Jav Guest

I don't use firefox and have currently installed Defncewall.

But If it is doing so, It seems to me to be fairly logical and secure options.
    It disables all untrusted applications and starts clean instance of firefox. So when it disables untrusted applications it will disables your addons aswell as they are considered untrusted aswell.
    If it intended thing by developers, I think it's doing great job, as those addons might not be as safe as you think.

Hope you understood what I meant.

3. Ilya Rabinovich

Ilya Rabinovich Developer

In fact, DefenseWall just runs new instance of the application set as a default "go banking/shopping". I don't know why it launchs with clean profile. Anyway, it's just for bank's website visiting, it must be stopped right after leaving it, but if you feel it's not right, I'm ready to check out why it happens this way.

4. Jav

Jav Guest

ahh..
    You disappointed my far fetched paranoiac theories. lol

Anyway, Thank you for clarifying.

5. Tony

Tony Registered Member

@ Basic
    You dont have two or more Firefox profiles do you.

6. Basic

Basic Registered Member

You made sense to me. Sort of along the lines of what I was thinking.

Thank you.

It actually does not bother me to badly and as you say the browser is opened only for the banking/shopping session. I was just surprised and then got curious if I was the only one.

Seems sort of funny to have Firefox launch it's first start up after install welcome page whenever I go banking or shopping.

Other than this little quirk I am happy with your product. Been keeping an eye on discussions for version 3 to see how well the new firewall stands up.

Thank you.

Nope just one profile. I do just use Firefox portable though so maybe that has something to do with it. Might even be user error.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.