Default Rules

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by eddiebubble, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddiebubble

eddiebubble Registered Member

Does anyone know how to set Ghostwall to the default rules?
    I uninstalled it several times and even did a system restore but fresh installations only have the 3 rules that I created.

2. eddiebubble

eddiebubble Registered Member

I solved the problem by deleting the hidden file ghstwall.fir

3. buffet

buffet Registered Member

* Our win2k3 server box is running behind a typical router/nat.

* Today, just let the router route all inbounds on all ports 1-1056 to my box, grc.com online port probe service shows open ports: 1; 512,514,525-1056; others are stealthed

* Now, GW comes with its fresh default rule set. Port probe results are the same as above.

* THen, made a little change (thought, restrict) to the first default rule, "Allow All Protocol Outbound: any, 1024-5000, any, any" -> supprised: all ports are open, but ports : 1, 135,139,445! -> how thato_O?

* Set the first rule back to the default setting, the results come back as being tested with the defaul rule set above.

* While gw is running, just delete the file ghtwall.fir, terminate the gw gui, restart the gw gui -> no rules at all. -> the problem is with I have zip file with the same name except for the extension .zip -> GW just ignores to create its default rule set; even after an uninstall & reinstall GW. I have to remove that same file name to have GW do its works.

Any ideas? thx.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.