Default or Blackspears settings for v3.0.672.0?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by acillatem, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acillatem

acillatem Registered Member

Just switched to v3.0.672.0 from 2.7 last night, and so far it seems to run just fine. I used the Blackspear settings on 2.7, just because I figured it's more secure, and I never had any problems that I'm aware of because of using those settings, so I'm wondering if anyone recommends using them with this new version? Reason I ask is I was reading some posts about when advanced heuristics and runtime packers are enabled, that people are experiencing periods of 100% cpu usage, and I believe that the Blackspear settings will have those enabled. Anyone have any feedback/advice on this? I'm just an average home user.....maybe the Blackspear settings are overkill oro_O Or, should I just use the Blackspear settings and disable advanced heuristics and runtime packers?? What do some of you do? Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  2. acillatem

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I used Blackspears settings when I had 2.7 but decided to go with the default on V3.0.667.0 for more user interaction as some of Blackspears settings tend to automate things. Thats the sole reason as I believe the defaults provide adequate protection.

4. c2d

c2d Registered Member

The best way is choose for yourself and you will see what settings suits you best.

5. acillatem

My main concern was seeing if a lot of people experienced high cpu usage with those settings, as I explained.

6. acillatem

Thanks!

7. siljaline

siljaline Former Poster

While Blackspear's tweaks work very well for advanced users, <defaults> work well, too.
    If you are unsure that what you have tweaked is working successfuly or not, you can always revert that particular tweak to default.
    Though, Blackspear's tweaks Rock :)

8. acillatem

Yeah, I used them with 2.7, and never had any problems, I see people complaining about cpu usage, but apparently it's not everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.