Deepin 15 - you have to try this out

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by PaulBB, Jan 1, 2016.

1. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

From the release announcement: "deepin is a Linux distribution committed to providing an elegant, user-friendly, safe and stable operating system for users all over the world. deepin 15 pays more attention to internationalization, and is enhanced with brand new mirror image acceleration (CDN acceleration). Languages supported are up to 30, thus the infinite charm of deepin can be experienced globally. Newly added languages are Malay, Bulgarian, Swedish, Croatian, Japanese, Korean, Finnish, Spanish (Latin America), Hindi (India), Ukrainian. Besides, we have reached an important cooperative relationship with Intel. We will collaboratively utilize Crosswalk Project to migrate existing web applications to deepin (Linux platform), thus enriching the diversity of applications for deepin and to improve the deepin experience."

Download: Deepin 15

Download: Deepin Boot Maker 1.1 (for Windows)

Deepin Boot Maker is a tool that helps user to create a bootable usb stick quick and easy,

View: Deepin Website

source&more_screenshots@Neowin

http://i.imgur.com/7Ybf2mE.png

http://i.imgur.com/HqiP3zt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4MpTTJy.jpg

2. fblais

fblais Registered Member

3. inka

inka Registered Member

I testdrove the prior version a few months ago. Yes, it was admirable ~~ very polished (and English support).

deepin developers have been engaged in turning out plenty of "good stuff".
    You can check out their apps (and deepin desktop) at github.
    One of their interesting (to me) developments: they forked libvte and patched it to restore transparency support (which the gnome libvte devs had nixed earlier this year).

4. Amanda

Amanda Registered Member

It looks really nice, though I think using these "docks" types of things make it seem like we're copying the style from Apple :p

Really liked the black colors.

5. AutoCascade

AutoCascade Registered Member

I'm trying this out. The bottom panel can be flattened out and it hides.

There are a few right click options missing such as "open as root". I have to see about that.

6. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Its a shell running on top of GNOME 3. The Budgie Desktop is quite similar.

People who don't want to put too much work in setting up GNOME, Deepin is a user-friendly alternative.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.