DeepFreeze and FD-ISR ?

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Perman, Aug 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: I am using FD-ISR right now and like to try out DeepFreeze Standard v.6. Has anyone had any experience using both apps? Is there any known compatiablity issues? Thanks.

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

TWO immediate system recovery softwares together in ONE system partition ?
    A risky experiment with possible unpredictable results sooner or later.
    I hope your computer knowledge is big enough to SEE the unobtrusive and striking problems, if they occur.

Well you can do anything on your computer as long you have an image backup of your previous system partition.

I would learn and use DeepFreeze first without FDISR on my computer and then combine them.

However member "wilbertnl" combined FDISR with ShadowUser successfully, but DeepFreeze isn't ShadowUser.

3. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Not completely familiar with DeepFreeze, but why would you want two Instant Recovery programs. If you really want to try DF, I would uninstall FD, but not the Snapshots, then try DF. If you do try it, let us know how you like it. You know that FD has a "Freeze" option for every reboot don't you? Wouldn't that do exactly the same thing as DF?

Acadia

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I will say when U have FDISR, u don,t even need DF.

5. Dina

Dina Registered Member

I would sound like an echo here but Id agree, you wont need DF if you have FDISR. But youre always free to test it if thats what you want. ANd if you think it might cause conflicts with FDISR, you can remove FDISR first, keep your snapshots of course and see how DF performs.

BTW, If you want to keep a snapshot clean and refreshed all the time would it be possible to do this?

create snapshot X - clean snapshot
    create snapshot Z - copy of clean snapshot
    boot into snapshot Z, play around with beta software, surf into dangerous sites, etc..

If I refresh snapshot Z using snapshot X, would that mean everything I did in snapshot Z would be deleted? Even dangerous objects? This is if you dont want to use the freeze option (in case your doesnt have enough space) Is this logical?

Thanks,
    Dina

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

If you copy/update from "Snapshot X" (=source) to "Snapshot Z" (=destination),
    your "Snapshot Z" will be clean again. It should have the same result as a frozen snapshot and much faster too than
    rebooting in a frozen snapshot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.