Deep Freeze. (Ultimate System Restore) Anyone using here it too.

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by ultragunnerdcl, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I've never seen this issue, with SD. Only time there is a delay, is with the new commit whole disk. Then you see the progress screen on reboot.

Pete

2. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Have you tried it on an old machine 512 meg of RAM 75 gig IDE drive -- none of your RAID cheating :D

Seriously I would be interested to know if these programs are all working in the same way ( which I doubt) and are some faster then others ? My feeling is that
    DeepFreeze6 is "faster" but it can only be noticed on inferior hardware. Returnil
    is somewhere in the middle of these 3.

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I haven't had one of those for over 4 years.:D I honestly can't tell you about speed. My choice was feature based. Re Deepfreeze, for me, I rate their products excellent, but too restrictive for me. They are better for static machines, and mine aren't. Always changing stuff.

Pete

4. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

you got a point there pet ... but if u realy done use this exclusion list in SD.... DF is better in all ways.

:)

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I run deepfreeze on an old p3 866mhz, 256ram, 20g hdd. Theres no noticeable performance impact. This comes as no surpise tho as deepfreezes system requirements are the same as the OS it is installed on.

6. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

totaly agree. i run ut on p-3 933 with 512 ram no performance impact at all
    btw the best way to test any performance impact is using some old pc and see... new one are so strong hard to feel the performance impact at all :cautious:

cheers:thumb:

7. QQ2595

QQ2595 Registered Member

As I know, the first ISR was invented in Taiwan in 1996/1997 and soon widely used in chinese internet cafes. please guess which CPU was popular in 1997? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.