Deep Freeze- Anti-trojan/Anti-malware program

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by tImEwArP, Jul 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tImEwArP

tImEwArP Guest

Deep Freeze- Back Up program

Anyone ever try this one? It's supposed to restore your computer to the state it was in prior to any problems with trojans, viruses, & other malware. Sounds sorta like Go-back, but it's not the same. It's not a free program, but it still looks good. Here's the website. http://www.faronics.com/html/deepfreeze.asp

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2004
  2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

hmmm.... THAT IS an interesting proggy, if it works as good as the blurb/testimonials say.

Very impressive if it does. Certainly would save a lot of work in case of something happening. Simple reboot.

Obviously, your system would definitely have to be super clean before installing/implementing it.

But I wonder what the difference would be between that and a System Restore?

Thanks for link. ;)

TAS

3. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Maybe I am wrong but I understand it restores your configuration evey time you boot. (standard version). So if you install a new prog. or i.e. update your av definitions they are gone on the next boot up?

Gerard

4. Ailric

Ailric Guest

Deep Freeze seems to be aimed at the corporate environment.

A better home user program would be RestoreIT! by Farstone.

5. tImEwArP

tImEwArP Guest

Actually Gerardwil there is a way to allow changes such as installing new programs and updates with Deep Freeze.

Also another similar program is called ShadowSurfer http://www.shadowstor.com/products.html
    Looks like another winner. Anyone who is concerned about malware may want to look into these very useful looking programs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.