Deep Freeze Alternative

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by Timurlank, Sep 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timurlank

Timurlank Registered Member

Hello everybody!

I've been looking for days for an aswear to my question and until now no forum that I went to manage to response to this, but, I feel this is my lucky day because I see that there are many posts which are talking about different DF alternatives.

The thing is I'm looking for a software that makes practicaly the same thing that DeepFreeze does, and that is "freeze" all my hdd partitions but instead I want some folders to remain unfreezed. I have an internet cafe and most people want to save their progress in single-player games but that "damn" deep freeze keeps restoring all my system back to normal.So everywhere I asked people didn't knew an alternative to deepfreeze with that property.Now I ask you, is there any alternative software that does this? (and not Returnil because I tried it and didn't worked as I hoped)

Sorry for my rusty spelling.Thanks anticipated !

2. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I use Shadow Defender, with shadow mode enabled 24/7. I have a few games installed, and I make exlusions to only the profiles directory. Reboot and any changes are gone unless there is an exclusion. I have not noticed any adverse issues doing this.

Sul.

3. Timurlank

Thank you very much sully for your advice! I shall try Shadow Defender. You're a life saver! :thumb:

4. Sully

Sully Registered Member

NP. Hopefully it works for you. The folks here who advised me to use it were correct, it is a very nice program.

Sul.

5. Timurlank

It worked perfectly !! Thanks again friend, you saved me a lot of searching. I almost given up hope in finding something else then deep freeze.Cheers !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.