Debate on IE 7.0

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by nadirah, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/features/2005/feb05/02-15Updates.asp

So, what do you think about the future Internet Explorer? Is Microsoft just popping more hype about it? Will the new Internet Explorer be more secure or even less secure?

2. LouKaNiKo

LouKaNiKo Registered Member

I think Microsoft are finally feeling the heat about Mozilla's Firefox and its about time.

Im still 50 - 50 about this release, but i have seen screenshots and it doesnt look anything like the IE we know. But It is about time they are making a new release it has been IE 6 since ..... dam ages now. Windows ME, was it?

I like the hype about new security features, well over due.
    But whether they make a fantastic browser or a heap of ****, they will still rule this market.

(FIREFOX IS THE BEST lol)

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

there has been discussions about Firefox and Mozilla being vulnerable so spyware could infect us but then using the vulnerabilities in IE to infect our machines.

like spawning the vulnerabilities from ie while using FFX or Moz...

that doesn't sound too good if this theorie is correct.

Inf.

4. Infinity

5. Spyros

Spyros Registered Member

They do not dare to say "Internet Explorer 7.0 will be the most secure that has ever been released by anyone", just "that WE have released". Better than IE 5 or 6? Yes. Better than Firefox, Opera etc? :doubt:

6. Infinity

what else do they need to say about the version7? off course they'll say that, if not that won't be proper marketing :)

7. meneer

meneer Registered Member

I'm still not keen on a new IE. Last time I downloaded a full copy it was over 25 Mb's. That's a lot of bugs, far more than in the competitors' versions. Even with the trusted computing initiatives and all other secure programming measures in place I don't have the good feeling of trust with IE. No trust, no use.

Besides, unless they offer a w2k version, it's a very expensive update from my IE 6 on w2k, and it's no incentive at all not to move over to linux.

8. Infinity

true Meneer,

I posted a new topic regarding this theory about the vulnerabilities regarding IE and FFX and Moz...

quite interesting and scary :'( :'(

9. dIEbold

dIEbold Guest

IE7 will expose yet unknown exploits only MS knows how to open. All for the good of the Vaterland, of course!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.