dead hard drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by drb46, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drb46

drb46 Registered Member

Just before my hard drive died, I managed to backup to an external hard drive, so I have a 20 gb image partition backup. Now I want to restore the backup to a larger drive 160 gb, but I seem to only be able to restore it to a 20 gb size partition. I've been trying to do this using the bootable CD. Any help would be appreciated.

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

USA - Back in a real State in time for a real Pres
    In Acronis MigrateEasy there is a option to restore proportionally.

Should be in ATI as well.

That means if the source 20GB HDD is cloned (restored) proportionally to the destination 160GB HDD. You will have a single partition of 160GB.

3. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Look at this thread for an explanation of how to do this https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=147055&highlight=restore larger drive. See post #5 & 7.

4. drb46

drb46 Registered Member

Well if there is an option like that, I can't understand where to find it or how to use it. Thanks for the reply.

5. drb46

drb46 Registered Member

6. drb46

drb46 Registered Member

I've now read the linked thread. And I think that I see what I've been doing wrong, but I have a question. When I go to the restore image menu, I don't find any mbr track 0, just the image file. I've already used the image file to restore once, so I know that it works. Thanks.

7. drb46

drb46 Registered Member

I just looked and I'm using version 8.0 build 903, do I need to upgrade in order to do the partition resize?

8. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Yes, the MBR was introduced in V9.0. I'm not sure what build but I have B3677 which is the last published V9 build.

9. drb46

drb46 Registered Member

Thank you very much for your help, you have no idea how much I appreciate it. I'll get with it now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.