Deactivating Firewalls?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by sbmont, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbmont

sbmont Guest

Someone please help!! I am trying to hook up <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=11&k=play%20station%202" onmouseover="window.status='play station 2'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">play station 2</a> but I need my firewall to be broken down and some ports to be opened. WHAT?!?!?! How do I? Please help

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi sbmont, As you had posted in the Port Explorer support forum, I have moved your thread to this forum where it may receive better attention

Thanks. Pilli

3. trickyricky

trickyricky Registered Member

Which firewall do you have? And which ports do you need opened for the PS2?

4. sbmont

sbmont Guest

PLEASE explain to me like I am a 4 year old how to do this....
    When I called the PS2 help line they said that I need port TCP:10070-10080 and UDP:10070 I have NO clue what that means.... can you please help?

5. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

sbmont,

As trickyricky asked which firewall do you have? This is very important for us to try to help you.

Thanks,

Chris

6. sbmont

sbmont Guest

Ummm.. you're going to laugh!!! I don't know what kind of firewall I have? How do I figure that out??

7. trickyricky

Ok, to start with what version of Windows are you running? 98, Me, 2000 or XP?

8. sbmont

sbmont Guest

OH goodness.... The verdict is Windows ME... I thought I kind of knew something about computers, but when it comes to this I don't know my head from a hole in the ground!! Thanks for helping

9. trickyricky

Well, Windows Me doesn't come with an integral firewall, so someone must have installed a third-party firewall onto your PC - either you, a friend, your ISP (via bundled software on a CD or downloaded) or your original PC vendor.

I guess the obvious first guess would be that you installed a security suite such as Norton (Symantec) or McAfee which has a firewall as part of that security suite. Does that ring any bells?

If not, what known security applications do you have running? A glance at the icons in the system tray (by the clock in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen) should give some clues.

10. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

Other names of security suites are...
    . trend micro
    . PcCillin
    . Panda
    . Zone Alarm

Now... do you have a DSL connection?

If so, then you might be using a "router"... look for the small box having at least 3 wires... one is from your internet cable, one from power supply, and the third is sent into your PC.
    please tell us the name and model no. of your router if you have one.

rgds.
    no13.

11. sbmont

sbmont Guest

My god I would have never thought this would have been such a pain. OK, I have Norton.... and I do not have DSL however, I do have cable.... So sorry Im so dumB!

12. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

no probs ;)
    All of us had to start out somewhere :)
    When i first installed a firewall, it was Zone Alarm, and it was not really helpful to me.

Now... you have NORTON PERSONAL FIREWALL installed

Check the name of the product installed... it should be Norton Internet Security.
    If so...
    Source http://www.cgmsystems.com/Resources/software reviews/norton_firewall_review.htm
    ote that I don't have much idea about this particular site, bu it turned up after a google search at first position.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.