DDv10 Bootable Media Builder: Device is Busy

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Woodeye, Jul 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodeye

Woodeye Registered Member

I have Disk Director v. 10. When attempting to create a bootable CD I get the message "E00040010: Device is Busy"

Yes, I am writing to a CD, not a DVD
    No, I do not have Windows Media Player loaded.

I do not have any media software loaded. I have tested the drive an am able to write to it using other software. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks,

Woodeye

2. whazhapeneng

whazhapeneng Registered Member

I have the same problem in TI 9 !!!!!!!!!:'(

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Try disabling Windows XP's built-in CD recording capability (right click on your CD/DVD recorder, select "Properties" and on the "Recording" tab ensure that the "Enable CD recording on this drive" checkbox is NOT ticked). If that doesn't work then boot into Windows "Safe" mode (press F8 whilst booting) and try creating the boot disk from there.

Regards

4. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Just wanted to pipe in here that there IS a separate Acronis Disk Director forum.

5. whazhapeneng

This worked...

To create a Rescue CD : create an ISO-file with ATI first and burn that ISO-file with a reliable third party DVD/CD burning software. That's the best and safest way.

If you are planning to use DVD/CD's as backup media for your harddisks, don't do it. It's cheaper, but that is the only advantage of using DVD/CD. A failure in restoring from DVD/CD is quite expensive in time and time = money.

Use an internal or an external harddisk as backup media : "Disk to Disk" and NOT "Disk to DVD/CD", unless you like to lose your system and/or data partition.
    Use DVD/CD's for storing movies, music, photos, ... that was their original purpose and it still is.

without any problems...:cool:

6. crofttk

whazhappening, I think you posted in the wrong thread. No one but you is discussing ATI here, or backing up or imaging anything to CD or DVD either, for that matter.

NO NEED TO SHOUT

7. whazhapeneng

FYI I just cut and pasted that...sorry if it looked like I shouted them out...Im not as perfect as you...;)

8. crofttk

Yes you are.

9. whazhapeneng

lol...:D

10. werne

werne Registered Member

Unfortunately, your statement that the only advantage of using DVD/CDs is that it is cheaper is incorrect. You totally miss the biggest major advantage of using DVD/CDs, i.e., portability. Having backups of all your business data in a safe deposit box gives you peace of mind for your business in case of fire or other natural disasters. Depending on the media that you use, DVD/CDs can have a shelf life of over 100 years - far outlasting internal or external harddisks; plus harddisks (internal or external) are much more sensitive to actions like being dropped.

11. whazhapeneng

like I said I just cut and pasted....I only meant to paste the first statement...:D

sorry

12. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

That's quite correct; so this thread has now been moved from the "True Image" section on over here to the "Disk Director" section where it feels more at home. :D

13. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis Disk Management Software

Please make sure that you use a blank unformatted CD/DVD to make Bootable CD/DVD.
    As it has been noticed here, you can make an .ISO image of your bootable CD/DVD and then write it on an optical media using third-party burning software.

Thank you
    --
    Alexander Gladkov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.