DCS - Why not password protect progs

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by spy1, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

I find it curious that none of your programs are password-protected.

Anyone sitting at the computer can simply shut any of them down if they so desire.

This is a real concern if you've got children (and their friends) at your home using your computer while you're away.

Are there any plans to address this? Pete

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

How about password protect the computer and users accounts? would help somewhat already, including using Process Guard against closing programs, which is passwordprotected itself.

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Certainly the new version Process Guard does include PW protection, from that I assume that TDS4 & WG4 will be treated in a similar manner. It is certainly on my wish list for TDS4 & WG4 :)

4. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Hi, Jooske!

Sometimes I get caught at "leave for work" time when I'm in the middle of running either a scan with one of my defensive programs or doing a disk defrag or a scandisk.

Some of those times, I'll hit the door and leave while whatever it is remains running - I'm vulnerable at that point to having any un-password protected program shut down by another user.

Pilli - The new version of PG has pass-word protection in addition to the HID that it already has?

If so, that's GREAT! Pete

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

For your situation (as is with millions of other users the same i guess) in Process Guard should be a password for each program before it ccan be closed at all, so a finished scan will wait with its results and can't be closed, any running and protected program should be needing your password confirmation also in the circumstances you left them before they can be closed.
    Who was it again writing the firewall and an antivirus were allarming so much when the kids visited kazaa that they decided to close the programs to have peace and a very bad infected system with lots of downloads? Ah kids can be so inventive.......

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Yes Pete, In addition to the HID, you will have to wait for release to see the final implementation but it is in the current beta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.