Days to create full image of about 60GB data

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by nlandas, Apr 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nlandas

nlandas Registered Member

I'm using full version of True Image Server 9.1 on a freshly installed Windows 2000 Server, a DELL PowerEdge dual 3Ghz processor Xeon with 2GB RAM, Serial ATA RAID 5 array. I'm imaging to a 250GB SNAP server attached at 100Mbps to the network and functioning fine. PowerQuest v2i protector would back up the whole system system in about 5 hours with verify.

True Image 9.1 says it still has 5 days left and it's been running all night. :thumbd:

It's set to use maximum network, normal processor port and normal compression and do a FULL image not file backup of the drive. C: and D:

Any advise on how to make this functional would be welcome. o_O

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello nlandas,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

As I can see, you have already been contacted by our Support Technical Engineer.

Please follow his instructions in order to resolve the problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. mwb1100

mwb1100 Registered Member

It would be nice to have the resolution of this problem posted here for the benefit of others who might also run into the problem.

4. nlandas

nlandas Registered Member

I've had no resolution so far. I've been told twice now to install the latest drivers using the SNAP_API. So far to no affect on the problem. I'm continuing to debug on my end. I purchase Acronis TIS 8 about 15 days prior to TIS 9.1 being released. So I pay for an upgrade and the performance is abysmal. :oops:

I'll keep working on it since I don't have a choice after spending $1K on 9.1 :blink:

5. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

If that is the case then I'm not impressed with Acronis. Buying a product 15 days before a new version is released should have given you a free upgrade to the new version.

6. whosmackey

whosmackey Registered Member

Actually, you should purchase maintenance when you buy the software and that will give you free upgrades and keep the product up to date. Not to mention the email/phone support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.