Date format wrong

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by Clive T, Dec 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clive T

Clive T Registered Member

I don’t know if it’s an added ‘feature’ or an error in my installation but dates in the encrypt selection panel display as US format (m/d/y) while in the decrypt tab they display properly for this system as UK format (d/m/y).

2. Clive T

This is weird. On closer inspection not only is the date format different on the two dialogues but the file stamps differ, too.

See the attached.

Attached Files:

3. Clive T

and this one.

Attached Files:

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Not only that, even the date itself differs; are you talking about the same computer in both cases?

How is it in the windows explorer screen?

5. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

This could be right: the date in the encryption vieuw shows the date when the file was last modified (could be any date), the date in the decryption view shows the date the file was encrypted ;)
    Dolf

6. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

1 august CS was not yet released to public, if you look at the first line for the adobe folder in both screenshots.

7. DolfTraanberg

DolfTraanberg Registered Member

You are right, that means that the encryption will not be considered a modification, unless the computer date is wrong :eek:

8. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

Could it be a timezone thing? that in one screen the modify date/time is shown in accordance with the local timezone while in the other it is in accordance with Perth time? We encountered that previously in one of the earlier betas but it was resolved later. Maybe it crept back in?

9. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

It is probably somewhere where I grab the date settings for one date and not another. Thanks for mentioning it, I'll fix this for the next release.

-Jason-

10. Clive T

Good morning, all. Just woken up here in the UK.

To summarise the comments above, the two screen dumps were taken within 30 seconds of each other — the encrypt one from within CS and the decrypt one from the file open dialogue that CS throws up from the browse command.

I’ve never seen this before on any machine I’ve ever had. My time settings are GMT if that helps. XP sp1.

This has nothing to do with CS encrypted files — the screen dumps simply show the first few folder on my C drive.

11. Clive T

Um. Just had a caffeine injection and tried this again. This morning the date problem has gone away having restarted this damn box. Don’t you just love Windows?

Sorry to have got you all excited.

12. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

Hmm that is weird, glad you got it sorted :) . I was curious as to where the bug might be in CryptoSuite, but it seems it isn't a CS bug. Ahwell :)

-Jason-

13. Clive T

Actually, it’s come back Jason. A complete discrepancy between CS’s encryption tab date format and what Explorer reports in the decrypt dialogue.

Since nobody else has seen this, the problem must lay with this box. Now I know about it, and it doesn’t appear to affect other apps here, I’ll ignore it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.