Database Error in ver 3.3 after an update

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by arthur_77, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arthur_77

    arthur_77 Registered Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2005
    Posts:
    1
    I get this "Database Error" error constantly after I upgraded and updated the Spyware blaster ver 3.3.
    More description :
    "The Spyware database may be missing or corrupted".
    What should I do - I already reinstalled it twice. First the program works fine but when I use the update function it downloads the update (sbdatabase.dtb and other files) from www.spywareblaster.net.
    It says "0 unprotected items" in the update screen, but when I choose the protection tab it shows "database error" at all lines where there should be - "protection is on". If I check for updates again it downloads the update again but with the same results.
    I happen to think that either the db I download is actually corrupt or this version has a bug with update option in general.
    If I were sure that the previous version would get updated I would like to continue using it, is it going to be updated (are those the same db files)?
    Please answer to arthur at bzfolk.com

    ~Edited e-mail address to prevent harvesting....Bubba~
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2005
  2. dog

    dog Guest

    Hi Arthur, ;)

    Update SB manually -> Copy the files to SBs directory

    http://www.spywareblaster.net/spywareblaster31/sbdatabase.dtb
    http://www.spywareblaster.net/spywareblaster31/sbdatabase2.dtb
    http://www.spywareblaster.net/spywareblaster31/sbinfo.dtb
    http://www.spywareblaster.net/spywareblaster31/ckdatabase.dtb
    http://www.spywareblaster.net/spywareblaster31/rsdatabase.dtb

    If the updates continue to corrupt try the alternate update method found in SB's update options.

    Please post the information requested in this quote by Javacool in this thread ->https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=71207
    Steve

    Ps. If a Team member hasn't edited out your email address in your post above my the time you read this, please edit your post to remove it, to prevent any email harvesting. ;)
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2005
  3. ]v[er|in

    ]v[er|in Registered Member

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2005
    Posts:
    1
    Hi,

    I am also having trouble with 3.3 DB's.

    when i auto update it downloads right to the end but stops 1K short and freezes. The program will display the "Program not responding" message if i try to do anything to SWB, which i then have to close. when SWB is restarted all the databases associated with the browsers are corrupt.

    i have just used the alternative method and it has worked fine.

    i have an Athlone 2200 with 1 gig ram, W2K SP4 with all hot fixes (and i mean ALL hotfixes), i have IPCOP firewall running on another machine. i run AVG free edition antivirus, Zonealarm, Spybot search and destroy and spyware guard. all running on Broadband. I have 5 security guards inside the house and a mobile infanty platoon in the garden (Just kidding)

    looks paronoid but works fine :), never had a problem up to now. if i just reinstall the 3.3 and run it without updating, it works just fine.
     
Loading...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.