Data Storage

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by carlito77, Jul 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carlito77

carlito77 Registered Member

Is it possible use to any of the free email accounts for off-site data storage? I'm thinking of creating a folder and storing my most important files, documents, and passwords. Encrypt this folder with TrueCrypt and send it to my free email accounts as an attachment and use that for backup in case anything happens to my computer. Of course this file would have to be less than 5 MBs, but since most of these documents are txt files, that shouldn't be a problem.

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

don't see why not

3. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I would suggest a free service like DropBox, which will give you much more room.

Just make sure you encrypt everything since dropbox has a lot of security issues.

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

If you're using Hotmail, might as well upload it to SkyDrive, because it's more convenient and uses the same servers.

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I use Windows Live Skydrive for my online storage and I use Gladinet Cloud Desktop for quick convenient access to it. Its free and works quite well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.