Data corruption issue remains

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by _Thomas_, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Thomas_

_Thomas_ Registered Member

Hello,

Since some time I'm suffering from the infamous data corruption issue, apparently caused by specific Windows updates (as described in the "Beware of MS hotfixes KB2735855 and KB2750841" thread).

I've read a lot of threads on this forum regarding the issue, but none of solutions provided (including the KB2789397 hotfix) seem to solve it for me.
    I've even tried a complete reinstallation of Windows (7), but unfortunately the issue persists.

Here's a screenshot of the issue "in action" (although I'm not sure if it's of any use, but I thought it'd be best to include it anyway):
    eset_data_corruption.PNG
    (Translated: "Unknown network error")

This is what happens every single time, not only with this specific file download, other large downloads fail as well. Only the error messages seem to differ from time to time. Sometimes I get something along the lines of "the download took too long, the network aborted the download".

Worth mentioning is that it only seems to occur on large file downloads (especially non .exe files seem to be affected by this issue, but I'm not entirely sure about this), small downloads are fine.

Is there more information available about this issue, or perhaps any advice on what I should do?

Thanks in advance. :)

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I have had this issue on Windows 8 as well. I tested 2 other security suites and it does not happen with them. :doubt:

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

First of all, please try disabling protocol filtering and let us know if it makes a difference or not.
    If it does, run the command "netsh wfp show filters verbose=on" (with admin rights), upload the file filters.xml along with a SysInspector log to a safe location and PM me the download link.

4. _Thomas_

_Thomas_ Registered Member

I've disabled protocol filtering and all downloads are running smooth now.

PM'ing you the log files now.
    Edit: It seems that I'm unable to send PM's, I receive the following message when I try to do so: "The private messaging system is currently unavailable.", is there another way to send you the links?

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You should be now able to send me a PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.