Data Backup Problem: hangs at "locking partition"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dhrona, Mar 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhrona

dhrona Registered Member

I have used v11 (latest build 8053, with Windows XP Professional) successfully to create an image of my system disk and to backup data from one external hard drive, both onto a dedicated backup external drive. (I have not tried to restore these to see if the backups/images were successfully completed.) I have also tried many times to back up a second external drive, again onto the separate backup drive, but always with the same result.

TI v11 starts and within 5 or so minutes generates two files: 1). a fairly large file (multiple GBs); 2). a much smaller file (400+ MB). TI then seems to hang at 3% for as long as 12 hours. When I try to cancel the operation, it still seems to be running (even with the "cancel" symbol through the taskbar icon). I must then shut down to terminate TI fully. I have checked the source disk with CHKDSK, and nothing was found.

Is this a problem with the source disk, or a bug in TI v11? What are my options for backing up this source disk?

Thanks for your help!

I have appended the most recent log below:

event code="2" id="1" level="2"
    message="The New task backup"; operation started" module="100" time="1205304242"

event code="11" id="2" level="3" message="Priority changed to Low priority" module="100" time="1205304242"

event code="506" id="3" level="2" message="Locking partition I:..." module="1" module="1" time="1205304247"

event code="1008" id="4" level="2" message="Create Full Backup Archive" module="1" time="1205304249" />

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dhrona,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

Could you please clarify what type of imaging you're using? Are you creating disk or files/folders image?

Thank you
    --
    Michael Levchenko

3. Rippy

Rippy Registered Member

4. dhrona

dhrona Registered Member

Thanks, Rippy, for bringing my attention to the "Backup Stalls" thread. I certainly am not alone!! I'll add my comments there.

TI v11 stalls when I try to create a files/folders backup image from one external drive source disk (NTFS). I have successfully created a disk image from my internal drive (NTFS, RAID1 array), and, again, successfully, a files/folders backup image from a second external drive source disk (FAT32). All of these backups have been to an external drive (FAT32).

Thanks!

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

Could you please download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging. Please check if the issue is fixed.

If the issue still persists, please create the driver log by installing the update again with enabled logging and reproducing the issue. The log file will be created on the C:\ partition. The name of this file will be snapapi[date-time].log

After that please submit a request for technical support. Attach the log and all the related information (amount of data that is backed up, amount of files and types of files) to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you
    --
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.