Dangerous Website

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by MrGump, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

i started using nod 32 2.0 because i heard it was good. i knew nothing. trust me eset programs are a lot more user friendly today. i have used every version v3 my favorite as it uses less resources than nod 32 av + windows firewall.
    i have always installed and left on default, i use malware bytes as a stand alone scanner.
    i stuck with eset because as av forums go this is one of the friendliest and more learned ones. and has few false positives, any av that has flagged a site as bad to me has reverted to saying it's safe a few days later.
    install eset on defaults and leave it alone it will protect you quietly, doesnt look like a badly thrown together collection of flashy bits, and most importantly (to me) doesnt slow your system down.
    and use a second non realtime stand alone scanner such as malwarebytes or superantispyware, and you'll be good ;)

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Certainly I'd recommend using a no-script addon for your browser so that scripts are not run if you visit sites.

3. no_idea

no_idea Registered Member

I couldn't agree with you more - even wearing a bulletproof vest it's still a bad idea to blindly walk into each and every gun-fight...

4. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

i use the most current version of firefox with all updates. can you recommend a addon that prevents scripts? thank yo.

5. smalar

smalar Registered Member

6. MrGump

MrGump Registered Member

7. smalar

smalar Registered Member

You're welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.