Damaged file

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Yvon, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yvon

Yvon Registered Member

Hello to all,

I have been using acronis 10 since it was issued and it worked all fine . Now i recently meet a bug that needed me to restore Partion C and D from image back up .However i just couldnt managed to do so as i met alerts saying FILE Dammaged exemple :

Error 7 32(0x70020)

This is curious because backups were lying on an external drive that had supported no modification since a few month .Now i tried with saving CD in no failing mode but unsuccessfully .I also tried by uninstalling Acronis and re install with the last updated version but also end failing .

I really wonder what i could do , i have lots of backups on this external
    drive and it is extremely annoying to think they could all be lost.

Perhaps someone knows athything that could help ?

Thank you very much by anticipation,

Best regards ,

Yvon

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Re: Dammaged file

Can you run a validate from ATI within windows and have it declare a backup as valid? If so then if you have a 2nd internal, you can try copying a backup to that and then trying to restore. Or trying making a VistaPE disk and trying the restore with that instead of the regular ATI restore environment (ie., Linux).

3. Yvon

Yvon Registered Member

Many thanks for your reply, no, unfortunately when i run an ati validate within window process it quicly stops saying that file E 000720 is dammaged .

Yvon

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Did you create a new Recovery CD after installing the new build, 4942 of TI?
    Did you ever get backups on the external drive to validate?

Have you booted from the new Recovery CD and tried to validate the backups?

Have you run CHKDSK X: /R on the external drive where X: is the drive letter for the external drive?

5. Yvon

Yvon Registered Member

Hi John,

Thank you for your kind answer. No, i have not done anything of what you explained , now i am going to proceed and will revert for results .

Best regards,

Yvon

6. Yvon

Yvon Registered Member

Hello John,

In fact i had never validated any backup ,however i used them several times and ithey worked fine . Yes i have done a deep search for eventual problem in all drives, i have a western digital raptor , a Maxtor and an external . I used check disk as well as wd utilitie , ended test ok . Now i tried with recovery CD and made à back up of one partition together with validation in mode no failing , the other mode is inoperating ! The back up and validation succeeded but took several hours for only 20 GO . Then i tried for fun to validate via windows and i again meet dammaged file, the same as usual , but this is perhaps normal, should i now always proceed with recovery CD to save and to restore the back up ? Anyway this also means that ma previous back up on external drive are obsolete as they are all linked with this corrupted file 00720 .

You opinions much appreciated .

Best regards

YVon

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Yvon,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that it is possible that the archive is being declared corrupt because of faulty data transfers. Please run a memory diagnostics such a Memtest86+ available free from www.memtest.org for a several hours.

If there are no errors with memory/hard drive reported, please try copying/moving the archive to another location, and validating it again.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. Yvon

Yvon Registered Member

Hi,

This is very kind of you , i will proceed as you say and i suppose i will find the end of my first trouble with two years use of Acronis which i repeat is the best back up tool i have ever known : very easy to use with lots of convivial options and very fast .I also found of high interest the manual book joined instead of read me file . I am now thinking of buying ATI 11 . However i think it will then be no more possible to use my back ups made with ATI 10 and i suppose it impossible to have both version installed .

Best regards

Yvon

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Yvon,

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that Acronis True Image 11 Home does support archives created with Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. Acronis True Image Home providing one version backward compatibility.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.